This is the process of implementing pigment into the skin to simulate the appearance of natural hair. It is considered a tattoo, and permanent makeup. Although it is considered permanent makeup, it does fade over time. Touch ups are recommended once a year in order to keep the color fresh!
Microblading is meant to be a natural enhancement, and to create the appearance of full, beautiful brows. It does NOT take the place of makeup. It looks most natural on clients who already have semi full brow hair, and are wanting to perfect their shape. The more hair you have, the more natural it will appear.
Microblading heals best on young, healthy skin that is normal-dry.
Oily skin and aging/thin skin is not recommended for microblading. Results will not heal as well or look as natural. If you have aging or oily skin, you are better suited for a combination brow.
Microblading is designed to fade over time. Factors such as skin type, lifestyle, age, metabolism, & medications can all greatly affect the longevity of your cosmetic tattoo. The sun (includes tanning beds) can affect the rate at which these pigments are broken down. To take care of your brows follow the aftercare instructions and touch-up your brows every 12-18 months (as needed). Touch-ups are normal and expected for Microblading & Permanent Cosmetics.
*Please note that final results vary and CANNOT be guaranteed due to the nature of skin as it heals. A follow-up appointment is strongly recommended at 6-8 weeks where we can assess your pigment retention and make any changes necessary.
- Oily Skin: Increased oil production can cause hair strokes to blur and heal lighter and powdery.
- Smoking: Smokers may notice that their microblading will fade faster.
- Anemia and Iron Deficiency: Your body will absorb iron based pigments more quickly.
- Age and Metabolism: The Faster your metabolism the faster the pigment will fade.
- Excessive Bleeding: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. While this is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow before care instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications, alcohol, and caffeine 24 hours before your procedure.
We use a 5% Lidocaine throughout the procedure to make you comfortable. Pain tolerance varies from client to client, and some clients feel a slight discomfort. Some say it is similar to the sensation of tweezing your brows, and some clients even sneeze! Having the procedure during your menstrual cycle may increase your sensitivity.
- Currently using Accutane, or have used Accutane within the past year.
- Have a freshly tanned/sunburned face.
- Are on blood thinning medications or antibiotics.
- Have acne in the brow area.
- Have Rosacea.
- Are currently undergoing cancer treatment.
- Must be off Chemo or Radiation for 6 months.
- No drinking alcohol 24 hours before your appointment.
- No coffee/caffeine 12 hrs prior to your appointment. After the appointment is fine.
- If you tint your brows you will want to do so 72 hours before your appointment.
- Discontinue use of fish oils or any blood thinners for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- You must not use Retin-A near the brow area 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
- You will need to avoid water for 7 -10 days after! This includes excessive sweating, pools, lakes, salt water, and extreme sun exposure, so plan your vacations accordingly!
- No Botox, fillers, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels or anything of the like for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure. You want your skin to be healthy and happy the day of your appointment!
Immediately after getting your brows done, you may experience minor redness or swelling around the treated area, which typically goes away within 24 hours. Within the following hours, the pigment in the skin will darken, making the brows look more bold than they were initially. This is normal! The ink will look dark and warm the first few days as it oxidizes in the skin, and will go back to normal. You can expect the brows to heal 20% lighter than they were immediately after your appointment.
Around day 3-4, you may notice light scabbing and flaking on the treated area. This is normal! Please refrain from picking at the brows. Doing so will result in loss of pigment in those areas. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. Once all the flaking is complete (typically around day 10), the brows will appear lighter. The skin will normalize over the next 4-6 weeks and the pigment will return to the skin in it’s healed color.
At 4-6 weeks, your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment. At this appointment, we will asses your retention, touch up the spots that didn’t stick, and can adjust the pigment color to give you your dream brows!
Yes! All Permanent Cosmetic procedures require 2 sessions. It is a 2 part process especially if we are building your brows! During your 6-8 week follow-up we can assess your pigment retention and make any adjustments needed. This follow-up also increases the longevity of your microblading.
Initial appointments take roughly 2-2.5 hours. This includes the designing process, numbing the area, and the microblading procedure. Touch ups generally take 1.5 hours.
I require that anyone who has had their brows tattooed previously by another artist text me a picture before booking an appointment. Even if you feel they are faded, please send a photo before booking so I can approve them & see if they are something I can work with. Generally they need to be 90% faded for me to work on. Any client coming to me from a different artist is considered a new client, with full prices.
Under service tab, selected desired appointment. A $150 nonrefundable deposit is required for ALL appointments, payable via Venmo! Putting a card on file when booking is only for no show protection, your card will not be charged. all deposits are sent through Venmo.
A $150 nonrefundable deposit is required for ALL appointments, payable via Venmo! Putting a card on file when booking is only for no show protection, your card will not be charged. all deposits are sent through Venmo.
I require 72 hours notice to make any changes to your appointment.
Rescheduling or canceling touch ups within 72 hours will result in 50% of your service total being charged.
No-shows will result in a loss of your $150 deposit, and will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the appointment (due before you may reschedule).
I prefer cash, but accept cards as well!